Friday, August 31, 2012

A Message From John Schandevel

I am writing this letter to all Michigan handballers.

First of all, after suffering a debilitating stroke on April 4, 2012, and spending time in two hospitals and a rehabilitation center (4 months total) I was able to come home on August 10, 2012.

I have a long way to go to regain my strength and mobility but I have begun the hard work (physical and occupational therapy) and have made reasonable progress so far.  I am getting around now in a wheelchair and with the help of a walker. I would like to think the wheelchair and the walker will not be permanent.

I have been overwhelmed by your expressions of concern and encouragement.  It has made a big difference in my outlook and  I will be forever grateful.

My wife and I look forward to seeing you in the near future, perhaps at one of the upcoming tournaments or one of the local courts.  Until then, thank you and God Bless.

Please note that it has been a privilege to serve the organization.  My plan is to continue.

John Schandevel

No comments: